Aniva Institute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aniva Institute

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drop-Off Day.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 10:26 pm

Masha gripped the side railing of the ship as she descended from the plank onto the shore. She looked around frantically (trying hard not to look concerned) for other kids like herself whose parents didn't show up for drop-off day.

Her mother couldn't come in fear of being arrested, so she dropped her off two blocks from the shipyard, kissed her forehead, and made sure her owl was secure so that she could write to her mother.

Out in the distant fog, she spotted Aniva Institute, and from first glance, she liked it, but she hid her excitement and encouraged herself to become disgusted. After all, it was this place that had torn her from her family.
Back to top Go down
Lisette Lach-Leon

Lisette Lach-Leon

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 10:54 pm

The weather about Lisette was of vast difference from Lisette's hometown, but she still felt wrapped in a blanket of family warmth and comfort, their sweet goodbyes still at the surface of her memory. Her parents hadn't made one move to stress her out, only kissed her on the head with their best wishes and complete faith. Eloise, her younger sister of only 3, had been content staying in the arms of one of her parents and hugging Lisette a long and tight goodbye around her neck from there. Luke, three years older than Eloise and blind as long as he'd been alive, had been more than a little sad to see Lisette leave, and promised her thousands of letters and chocolate frogs, through sniffles.

She got off the boat feeling like she'd traveled the distance of the earth to the sun, and everything had changed but the weather. She was officially a wizarding student, and for a change, one with more optimism than worries.

She looked about the swarming crowd of kids anxious to reach the renowned castle, and took a deep breath. She exhaled with a smile and let her love guide her.
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 10:58 pm

Masha shot a half glance towards her right, noticing a small girl with no parents as well. She singled her out quickly. Best to have a few allies, right?

"You're not used to the cold," she commented wistfully, giving the girl a slight smile. "You'll get used to it. I'm Masha, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Lisette Lach-Leon

Lisette Lach-Leon

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Lisette responded instantly to a smile and a welcome. They were the first impression promise of friendship.

"Nice to meet you, Masha," She was genuine. "Are you here often? You look prepared for the cold," She noted of the girl far less susceptible to shivers than she was in her current state.

She realized something quickly and felt a kind-of ding go off in her head, "Masha! That sounds Russian, yes? Oh- and I'm Lisette, but I usually go by Elsie."
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:10 pm

"Hmm..." Masha considered this for a moment. Since the girl had already given her a nickname to call her by, they must be getting to be friends then. Elsie.

"Yeah, Russian," she responded. "So, what are you then, Elsie? English?"

She giggled and tossed her hair back. "I'm practicing speaking the English language. I've been learning for a few years. You'll have to tell me if I do anything wrong."
Back to top Go down
Lisette Lach-Leon

Lisette Lach-Leon

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:28 pm

She kept privately her excitement and thankfulness for meeting Masha- she'd never met a Russian her age, especially of bilingual talent, and she was more likely to know her way around than others, especially foreign transfers.

"Yep, born and raised in America, so this is a stretch for just one of us," She smiled, but with confidence in the adventure unfolding.

"Were goodbyes alright?" She asked, deep down ready for the school year to kick off right away. "Are you excited?"
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:28 am

"Mmm..." Masha nodded, a tinkle in her eye. Her guess had been correct. American. "Американка1, good. You're brave for coming such a distance."

"I suppose that I'm a little excited. Goodbyes were as expected. Just not too excited to be here, if you know what I mean. Speaking of which, why Aniva?" she asked, trying not to be too obvious.

Someone like Lisette didn't travel all the way from the other side of the ocean for a plain education. If she wanted a simple education, she could've got one from anywhere in America or even Hogwarts. But Elsie must've needed Aniva badly or else why would she have come?

1 American (female)
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:55 am

August stepped off the boat, and he felt small pang in his chest as he remembered seeing a family embrace around a long-haired girl when he first got on the boat. He remember the goodbye his mother gave him, the repeated hugs and phrases. She made him a container of chicken noodle soup, which had now found it's home in the bottom of his backpack. She claimed that she didn't want her son to "freeze to death".

He wished she had come, but he knew she didn't want to go back. "I left for a reason darling," she softly spoke, giving him one last embrace at their small apartment in New York City, before sending him off on the train that would bring him to the port. He understood, and nodded, knowing that if he persisted, she would cave and come along with him. He didn't want to put her through that pain.

Realizing he had been standing in the middle of the unloading spot, staring off into space, he laughed a little to himself, realizing how odd he must look. Then again, this was "The Island of Misfit Toys" (as his mother would call it).

He began to walk again, this time, towards the long-haired girl he had seen embracing her siblings earlier. He liked her almost immediately, he liked the kindness that somehow radiated off of her. It reminded him of home.

He also say she was talking to another long-haired girl, who had sharper features (defined cheekbones, narrow eyes, ect.) He approached the two, giving a warm smile and saying. "Hello! I'm sorry if I'm intruding, but I noticed we were all without families." Removing one of his hands from the coat of his leather jacket, he stuck it out between the girls, available to whoever decided to greet him first. "My names August Kach, and you both are?"
Back to top Go down
Lisette Lach-Leon

Lisette Lach-Leon

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:13 am

Elsie blushed at being brave. "No other school offered guidance counselors," Which was more a pro to attending than a reason. She paused and then sighed a bit, "My parents just thought I could meet people like me," and left it simply.

Before she could ask her reason for attending, a boy who appeared slightly older than them approached the two, who was intimidating as he was tall, but definitely as unprepared as Elsie when it came to his only wearing a leather jacket.

Elsie never really had to approach handshakes, and glanced at him curiously. She smiled, taking his hand with a welcoming air, "Hi August, I'm Elsie."
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:18 am

Masha spun around quickly and faced the boy. "Maria Mikhailovna," she answered, "that's what they call me. You can call me Masha." She grabbed his hand up, without warning, in a firm handshake.

"You both need coats." Masha looked displeased and concerned with their conditions. "Do tell me you brought heavier coats. Or else we'll have to buy you warmer clothes in the town."
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 am

"Nice to meet you both," August smiled, almost laughing at the differences between the two girls (who looked quite similar). While Masha approached his greeting with confidence and firmness, Elsie was more timid and curious.

He looked to the assertive girl and laughed. "Nope, sorry, I'm horribly unprepared. I do, however, have a can of chicken noodle soup to keep me warm."
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya Viktorovna

Anastasiya Viktorovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:08 am

As she exited the boat, Anastasiya saw a myriad of different people, some obviously not used to Russia's cool weather. She couldn't help but give a small laugh towards those people. Though it was completely understandable, it was always funny to see someone experience their first Russia chill.

She remembered a few years ago when her father went to Florida on buisness (Dear Anastasia, be back in a month ~dad). When he came back home, he seemed rather uncomfortable to be back in the cold weather. He continuously yelled at her to turn the heat up, which she couldn't do because their heaters were always breaking.

She was glad to be away from home. She had always dreamed a place where she could be rid of her family and lack of friends. Anyone who had ever thought of being her friend ran away once they learned more about her.

She saw a couple of girls conversing along with a guy who said something about chicken noodle sou and thought she should try and make some friends at this new place. Being a loner wouldn't get her through life.

"Hey," She said quietly, walking up to the group. "I'm Anastasiya, but if I had friends they'd probably call me Anya or Ana," she laughed. "Are you guys from around here?"
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:18 am

Masha watched the girl, knowingly. "Аня, очень приятно. А почему ты здесь с нами?1"

She cast a wayward glance towards August again. "You're going to need more than soup, boy," she informed him.

Masha breathed in as she stepped off the boat. "Давайте!2"

The air was crisp and thin, chilly, but not unbearable for Masha. She smelt a hint of sea salt as well, and that made her a bit happy.

"What houses do you all wish to be in?"

1 Anya, pleased to meet you. And why are you here with us?
2 Come on! You're on!
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 am

"Oh, I don't know, I haven't done my research." August grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "I just know which ones I won't be in! But, what about the rest of you? Oh, and Ana, was it? Nice to meet you, I'm August."
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya Viktorovna

Anastasiya Viktorovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:16 am

"Mostly, I am here to be with people who accept me for me, but getting away from my father is also a bonus," Anastasiya responded. "It's nice to meet you guys. As for the house thing Я не знаю*. I haven't done much research on the different houses. I guess we'll just see, won't we," she laughed.

*I don't know
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:32 am

"Hm." Masha nodded. "Well, we should better get going inside if we want to get sorted today."
Back to top Go down
Lisette Lach-Leon

Lisette Lach-Leon

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:16 am

"Indeed," Elsie giggled, on board with urging everyone indoors. She was cold and she hadn't craved the comfort of her black coat so intently since primary school.

"I hope some of us end up in the same house, yeah?" She smiled, "So I have a lil buddy to tackle this with."
Back to top Go down
Ronja Solberg

Ronja Solberg

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Ronja was quiet as she exited the ship. There were still fresh lines on her cheeks from the hot tears that had warmed her up. It was true that she was going to miss it, though she stinging cold of Russia did remind her of some of the better experiences she'd had at home. One in particular was during the holidays, when the local muggles would be frantically searching stores to bring adequate gifts to their loved ones. For Ronja, the winter season was not about fancy packaging or large celebrations. It was a time to be united with her family. Her farfar, Viggo, would come to spend time with her and Lukas. She remembered fondly how he would dote over her as he would hold her on his lap by the fire, and Lukas would be pestering their farmor, Petra. (Though she secretly didn't mind it; she liked the attention.) Ronja desperately grasped at those memories as she huffed and wiped her cheeks dry as best she could. She didn't want the other students that were arriving to see her cry. She didn't even want to see it. She wanted to go back to the moment before she got on the boat, where Viggo had dropped her off while her parents stayed home to tend to her brother, who had fallen ill. Viggo had knelt down in the cold and hugged her. She distinctly remembered crying on his coat, and clinging onto him when he tried to pull away.

She had to be stronger now. Whether she liked it or not, she was not home. She was on a new chapter in her life, and she had to be strong for her family, if not for herself. So, she swallowed the lump in her throat and began walking towards a group of students who had been making their way inside. She decided to trail behind them, and perhaps that would make her seem less alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drop-Off Day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop-Off Day.   Drop-Off Day. Empty

Back to top Go down

Drop-Off Day.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aniva Institute :: Institute & Grounds :: Gated Courtyard-
Jump to: