Aniva Institute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aniva Institute

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potions: Lesson One

Go down 
+3
MacKenzie Young
Lisette Lach-Leon
Vera Alkaev
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Annora Oliver

Annora Oliver

Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 8:28 am

Cursing under her breath, Annora quickly went for the fangs, sort-of carefully dropping the crushed things into the cauldron.

"What the H*ll happened?" She wondered out loud. She began to start slicing the pungous onions, as she had seen Masha do before. "Let's hope we can pull this off," She laughed weakly, placing the finely sliced onions into the cauldron and heating the mixture. She prayed to some unnexisting God that they could do it right this time.
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 10:44 am

August finished crushing the fangs, looking at a bit puzzled at how nervous and uneasy Ana was acting. He shrugged, he figured it wasn't any of his buisness anyways, and he didn't want to intrude. She seemed like a private and secretive person anyhow.

He dumped the powder into their cauldron, heating the mixture for ten seconds, then waving his wand and letting it brew. "You wanna add four horned slugs next?" He cracked a smile, trying to lighten the mood a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya Viktorovna

Anastasiya Viktorovna

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Ana nodded, adding the slugs into the cauldron. "Probably didn't expect to get such a jumpy partner, eh?" She laughed softly, trying to forget about the note. How stupid she had been to leave it in a textbook that she was obviously going to use during class.

"I'm not usually like this. It's just, parents, y'know?" She tried to be as vague as possible, seeing as she wasn't even completely sure who the note was from. For all she knew, EKAM wasn't even a person and she had been carrying around a meaningless note for her whole life.
Back to top Go down
MacKenzie Young

MacKenzie Young

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:37 pm

MacKenzie beamed, she still couldn't get enough of the nickname. She felt like basking in Elsie's friendly personality, she hoped the extend of their friendship wouldn't be just this one class. She wanted a substantial friend or two, ones who would embrace her and sob the day that they graduated.

Her head jolted up, seeing as she got lost in the possibilities of the future. "Hm?" She hummed, looking at Lisette. "You say something, El?"

She skimmed the pages of the book, tapping her foot on the ground as she read. "Think we need about four horned slugs, 'n two porcupine quills after we take the cauldron off the heat."
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 pm

"I get it, my mom does get on my case sometimes. But, she's just worried, y'know? Parents get that way, I know she just wants the best for me." He shrugged, feeling a little twinge in his heart from the loneliness of being without his mother.

August smiled, grabbing some porcupine quills carefully in his hands. "Can you take the cauldron off the heat? I need to throw these in before they impale my hand."
Back to top Go down
Lisette Lach-Leon

Lisette Lach-Leon

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 7:37 am

Lisette realized Kenz was moving on to the next time, and taking the initiative quickly completed the step before, adding the fangs, waiting a brief ten seconds, and then waving her wand.

For about 35 minutes, she busied herself getting the horned slugs and porcupine quills, "Yes! Just these two things. I really hope it works," She smiled, but lacking nervousness. Whether it worked well or not, it was fascinating to do.
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya Viktorovna

Anastasiya Viktorovna

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 1:32 pm

"Oh!" Anya exclaimed. She'd forgotten about the cauldron. Laughing, she took it off of the heat.

"You and your mom are close?" She asked. She had always wanted that as a girl and had hoped people who did have that knew how lucky they were. She figured he August did, though. It seemed like he and his mother had the kind of relationship she had always dreamed of.
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Masha quickly put the other ingredients into the pot, stirring quickly and then slowly. "I prepared enough for a second. It's going to be okay. Calm down," she said aloud, but mostly towards herself.

"Don't worry. So, why Aniva, huh? Or did I already ask that?"
Back to top Go down
Annora Oliver

Annora Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Annora watched as yet again, the final ingredients were added.

"I came to Aniva because they accept everyone," She responded. "For quite a while, my parents were convinced that I was a squib because I had shown no signs of having magic. I finally started showing a few years ago, but it's not like that made my parents proud of me or anything. Hell, I'd be shocked if they even noticed. Anyways, I started looking around for wizarding schools far away from New York and came upon Aniva, which embraces the different.

How about you?" She returned the question as she waved her wand over the potion, hoping it would work.

Annora Oliver carried out 1 launched of one Dice 10 :
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Masha threw a piece of paper in the air with no notice. "Ha, ha! Посмотри, Аннора! Ой! We finished the potion!" A huge grin grew across Masha's face, happy to have not screwed something up.

"Well, I'm sure that your parents would be proud regardless. It's good to know that there is a place for this sort of learning then, hm?"
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:05 pm

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." A small smile began to form on August's face just at the thought of his cheery mother. "She's raised me basically on her own, so I guess we had a lot of time to bond." He shrugged, placing the quills in the cauldron, then stirring it five times clockwise. He waved his wand with a sense of finality, hoping that the potion would work.

August Kach carried out 1 launched of one Dice 10 :
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:07 pm

August's face fell a little, but the fact that the potion wasn't completely failed gave him hope. "How about you try the last bit again? Y'know, the wand waving part?" He looked at Ana, hoping she was better at this than him.
Back to top Go down
MacKenzie Young

MacKenzie Young

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:12 pm

MacKenzie took the horned slugs and placed them in the cauldron, and she turned to smile at Elsie. "Yeah, me too. We've put enough time into this, it'll be disappointing if we don't succeed."

She took the cauldron off of the heat and gestured to it. "You do the honors?" She said, referencing the last steps of the potion.
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya Viktorovna

Anastasiya Viktorovna

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Ana frowned slightly as the potion failed. "да," she said. "I'll try."

She slowly waved her wand over the mixture, hoping for the best.

Anastasiya Viktorovna carried out 1 launched of one Dice 10 :
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions: Lesson One    Potions: Lesson One  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions: Lesson One
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2