Aniva Institute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aniva Institute

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spells : Chapter One

Go down 
+3
August Kach
Anastasiya Viktorovna
Nellie Prewett
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nellie Prewett

Nellie Prewett

Spells : Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:04 pm

"First thing's first," Nellie Prewett announced as she clunked into the room with her sneakers, dropping her bag on the desk with a loud thud, "Call me 'Nell,' not Professor Prewett. Such a dumba--"

She swallowed, coughed, and reconnected herself, "Such a dumb name." Nell smiled and straightened her bright red robes. "As you can probably tell or already knew, I'm the Pravazhno Head Counselor, so yes, I do want my house to win the broom races next week." She winked before rooting, "Vazhno, vazhno, vazhno!" which, in Russian, means 'important.'

"I'd like to announce that usually every year only those who have previously displayed magic sign up for my class. I do, however, on occasion, have squibs who sign up. If you are one of them, don't worry! We'll teach you the concepts, and even though you won't be able to produce the magic, I have heard of cases where squibs use this knowledge to become famous published wizarding writers or even professors themselves. Have at it!"

Nell smiled. "Continuing, our lesson today consists of a not-so-simple 'swish and flick.' You all probably have heard of the concept, and if you haven't, I apologize for my assumption. I want you all to start with the simple swish-and-flick concept to lift the feather in front of you. After that, let's try, if we can, to move the feather in a horizontal method. That will be done with a further flick. C'mon now, everyone, let's try. Don't be shy to ask questions."

///OOC: Dices roll rules.

0 - 30 : Failure to lift feather at all.
31 - 50 : Struggle to raise feather above shoulder height.
51 - 70 : Raises feather, but with difficulties pertaining to student's situation (i.e. their own troubles, put your spin on it).
71 - 100 : Lifts feather with ease.

Thanks.///
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya Viktorovna

Anastasiya Viktorovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:01 pm

Ana nodded, it seemed easy enough.
"Just lift the feather," she told herself. She used to spend hours at night, lifting random objects out of boredom. She remembered one time she tried to lift her father's girlfriend's cat, to no success.
"ANASTASIYA!" Her father had yelled. "What do you think you're doing? You are the reason they keep leaving. I wish you didn't exist!"

Just remembering her father's words left an empty feeling in Ana's stomach.

She took a deep breath and "swish and flick"ed her wand.
"Here goes."

Anastasiya Viktorovna carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya Viktorovna

Anastasiya Viktorovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:03 pm

The feather barely floated up to shoulder length. A disappointed look spread cross Ana's face. She didn't know what went wrong.

"Second try's a charm," She slightly followed.

Anastasiya Viktorovna carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:14 pm

August picked up his maple wand, carelessly "swishing" and "flicking" it. He was barely paying attention to any of his surroundings, he didn't even know if his wand was aimed at the feather.

August Kach carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Masha sat in the corner with her arms crossed divinitively. "I'm sorry, I thought I made it perfectly clear that I would not be attending this class."

She raised her eyebrows only slightly to Nell. "Therefore, I see no reason to be here."
Back to top Go down
Nellie Prewett

Nellie Prewett

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Nell raised her eyebrows back at Masha, mimicking the girl's facial expression to perfection. "I know, Maria Mikhailovna. I'm your counselor, and I'm the one who filled out the paperwork. There's no option. And you cannot graduate without passing my class."

She picked up her own wand. "So, one, two, swish and flick!"
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:22 pm

Nellie glared and snatched up her wand from the table and muttered something profane underneath her breath.

"Swish and flick," she repeated with no enthusiasm.

Maria Mikhailovna carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:24 pm

"See?" she said, proving her point. "No point. It's all right though. I tried, right? So, I get participation points, uh?"

She watched as Nell gave her a rather disapproving look and she noticed it right away. It was a look of disgust and shame. After all, she was giving Pravazhno a bad name, right?

Better prove the point.

Swish and flick.

Maria Mikhailovna carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 1:16 am

Almost immediately, the desk caught fire. The feather itself turned to ash.

Masha jumped out of her chair, screaming. Bad things always happened to her. Especially when she used her magic. She didn't understand why this professor kept pushing her. Surely Nell knew that eventually something bad would happen.

"See? See?" she shrieked, running around the room to find water.
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya Viktorovna

Anastasiya Viktorovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 1:27 am

Ana looked at her floating feather, a smiled across her face. She loved it when she was able to control her magic. Masha seemed to be having a bit more trouble.

"It works better if you're calm," She told her. "Feathers are only meant to fly when they're a part of a bird, anyways. Ahaha"
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:31 am

August watched in horror as the feather flew up from the table, heading across the room to hit a curly haired boy in the face. "Oh my god," he murmured as he stared at the younger boy.
Back to top Go down
Callahan Kyle

Callahan Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:00 am

Callahan had yet to pick up his own wand, the feather lying on the desk a source of intimidation now, seeing one desk catch on fire and send a girl off shrieking, another girl of good focus barely getting it above her shoulder, and-

A feather whizzed straight into his face, which took him aback and he drew back a few inches in shock, then quickly jolted forward as he sneezed from it brushing his nose.

He looked around curiously, confused as to who sent a feather flying. He'd taken the damage of another student's mistake before even starting. He figured that was the usual.
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 am

August saw the boy sneeze and look around, and he met his eyes and lifted his hand, giving him a small wave while he smiled. "Sorry, that was me," he laughed, still keeping eye contact with the boy. "Can you, um, pass it back?"
Back to top Go down
Callahan Kyle

Callahan Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:28 am

Cal saw the chance and took it, avoiding the boy's eyes and picking up his wand. He smiled, hopeful. His first class was going almost entirely with flaws, and he couldn't have picked a better first class.

His own oppurtunity now at hand, he raised his wand with a swish-and-flick.

Callahan Kyle carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Callahan Kyle

Callahan Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:32 am

Callahan's eyebrows lifted as the feather did, and almost in a trance he guided it straight over to the boy's desk. He watched in absolute wonder, letting a laugh escape him at the feather's bouncy traveling.

It floated through a descent, touching the desk lightly and staying still, the wind from its flight ruffling it softly.

He put down his wand, shrugged. He would've expected the whole class to burst into flames at his attempt, but it couldn't have gone more right.
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:42 am

"I'm a disaster," Masha whispered. Whenever she tried to produce magic, any magic, it always somehow turned into something wild and dangerous.

She poured a bucket of water over the desk and chair, letting out the fire, and then plopped down in the soaking wet chair, disregarding getting her clothes wet.
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:42 am

August gave the boy cheesy smile and two thumbs up. "Hey thanks!" He grinned, slightly impressed by the smooth execution that he had just witnessed. "My name's August Kach," he introduced himself. "And yours is?"
Back to top Go down
Callahan Kyle

Callahan Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 11:53 am

"Callahan," he nodded, a combination of amused and confused by August's first reaction, but enjoyed enthusiasm. On a differing note, a girl close by had dealt with an enflamed desk and was soaking in the water she'd used, and she looked so upset that Cal felt it second-hand.

With August still looking at him, he felt the need to say something, and added, "Maybe we have more classes together, August. I'll see you around."

He nodded, then looked considerably at the feather on his desk before deciding he couldn't focus on it. He turned towards the girl distraught and unsuccessful, and asked simply but with care, "Hey, are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:45 pm

August frowned, a little disappointed that Callahan had ended their conversation. Still, he tried to brush it off, focusing on the feather and making the swish-flick movement.

August Kach carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:48 pm

He grinned and sat back in his chair, shoving his wand into his bag and crossing his arms. 'At least THAT was a success,' he thought.
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Masha looked up and over at Callahan. "Что?" she whispered only to herself. Then, again, in English, "What?" She was taken aback. No one had asked her that before, no one besides her mother or the priest on Sundays.

"Um. Yeah, I'm fine. There's nothing wrong," she lied. "I'm okay." She didn't want to appear weak. Okay? Is that what they called a state of positive being? How did 'okay' work? Masha didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Ronja Solberg

Ronja Solberg

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:58 pm

Ronja felt a troubled look forming on her face as she glanced around the room. The swish and flick seemed simple enough, though now having seen the turmoil it had caused thus far, she was beginning to have second thoughts about it. She dreaded carrying it out herself, or rather, attempting to. Still, she wanted to make her family proud. She wanted them to be happy for her; that she was finally learning the necessary skills to gain a hold on her abilities. She also wanted to perform well in front of her classmates, too. Hopefully succeeding in her studies would prove to give her a bit of an easier time getting settled in at Aniva.

She let out a nervous spout of air from her nostrils, and quickly plastered a false smile on her face.

Ronja Solberg carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Ronja Solberg

Ronja Solberg

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Nothing. The feather remained on the desk, immobile. She briefly considered just blowing it off herself, though she knew that wouldn't do her much good. It would probably paint her as a sour spirit, anyways. Ronja remembered something just then, which her brother had told her. You can mope and whine all you like, but you best keep trying, Ronja. He had said to her. If you don't try, you might not ever succeed. She sighed, gripping her wand tighter as her brother's words floated around in her head. She knew she could do this. She had to, didn't she?

Ronja looked at the feather intently, and bit her lip, with a look of determination on her face.

Ronja Solberg carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Annora Oliver

Annora Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Annora looked puzzled.

"Swish and flick," she told herself. "Swish and flick."

She wondered how something that sounded so simple and borderline stupid could do something as intriguing as lift an object. She hadn't practiced magic much before arriving at Aniva, for she had been a 'Late Bloomer,' to put it nicely. She had only been in possession of magical abilities for two or so years. For years prior to that there had been nothing but yelling in her household.

"YOU ARE A PUREBLOOD!" Her father would shout.

"Our daughter, a SQUIB?!" her mother could barely say the word without crying.

"You are a disgrace to your family," they would both say at once.

She remembered the nights that she used to spend hiding in the bathroom, tears streaming down her face. She felt that nobody would miss her if she was gone. Nothing would change.

"Stop it, Annora," she told herself. "You came here to escape that.

Swish and Flick

Annora Oliver carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Annora Oliver

Annora Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Annora watched as the feather did nothing. It didn't even flinch.

"Good going," She told herself. "You made it do....Absolutely nothing!!!!!"

She took a deep breath and decided to try again.

"Swish and Flick."
Annora Oliver carried out 1 launched of one Dice 100 :
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spells : Chapter One   Spells : Chapter One Empty

Back to top Go down

Spells : Chapter One
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next