Aniva Institute

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Two Witches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mira Hendrix

PostSubject: The Two Witches   Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:31 pm

Arina gave one sideways glance towards Vesa. "You know, we'll have to tell her one day," she said, her voice trembling a little.

Vesa glared. "Rina, we don't need to do anything. I don't understand why in the world you think that we need to tell Mira anything about that day. It'll only hurt her. And besides, what if she goes looking for them?"

Arina had a trademark smile, the kind that one never forgot after being held in its glaze. The thing had a sort of way, twisting about on her face like a crocked thing that didn't belong there. "We raised her, Vesa. She's our baby. She'll understand the sort of people they were once we tell her. Really, what sort of people would do that to a baby?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira Hendrix

PostSubject: Re: The Two Witches   Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Vesa's eyebrows raised and she put a hand to her forehead. "But Mira is smart. She'll ask what sort of people would do what we did!"

"The only people who would do what we did are people who want a child!" Arina's voice trembled with anger, and her fists were shaking. Arina took notice of hands and took a deep breath in to calm herself. "Besides, now that we know the child has...powers we must tell her, Vesa, we must."

Even then, Vesa knew that Arina was right; she just didn't want to believe it. Vesa shook her head. "Who would've thought that this would happen?"

Carrying the remark further, Arina smirked. "Who would've thought any of this would've happened?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira Hendrix

PostSubject: Re: The Two Witches   Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Vesa shook her head and tightened her lips; their fate was sealed. Just then, at that moment, a little hiccup came from outside the door.

Arina laughed quietly and rolled her eyes. "Mira... ¡Ven aquí!1"

Mira snuck around the corner carefully. A little girl, about the age of thirteen rounded the corner. "I wasn't trying to listen in, exactly..." she whispered, pushing up her blue-rimmed glasses.

"Habla en español, por favor, mi hija,2" Arina commanded, her voice somewhat kinder but harsher and more jubilant when she spoke in Spanish, "Tienes que aprender español. Yo hablo español, y por lo tanto necesitas aprender.3"

"Pero, mama, no quiero,4" Mira whispered, tugging at the sleeves of her shirt.

"Ay! I don't have time for this!" Vesa shouted. "Listen, we'll discuss this tomorrow."

"¡Mañana...no! No tengo. Necesitas hablar con ella ahora.5"

"I don't see why!"

Vesa's eyes narrowed. "La escuela...6"

1 Come here!
2 Speak Spanish, please, my daughter.
3 You have to learn Spanish. I speak Spanish, and therefore you need to learn.
4 But, mom, I don't want to.
5 Tomorrow, no! It's necessary to talk to her now.
6 The school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira Hendrix

PostSubject: Re: The Two Witches   Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Arina frowned, her face falling further by every second. "Mira, darling, we need to tell you about your birth parents."

Evan Magrum held his tiny infant child in his hands, carefully rocking the baby girl. He took one hand around her and wrapped the pink blanket up around her shoulders. "Rebecca, would you like to hold her?"

"No." The brunette woman sitting in the hospital bed across from his chair crossed her arms and looked in the other direction, trying to hide hot, bitter tears from her husband. It wouldn't matter if she held the child anyway.

A knock at the door came too soon. Evan stood up abruptly. "Rebecca, there's something I need to tell you!"

Before he could explain, a tall, dark, black haired woman walked into the room. "Hello, Rebecca. Remember me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira Hendrix

PostSubject: Re: The Two Witches   Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Evan sat back down. Clearly this was not what he had been worried about.

Rebecca sat up taller. "Please...not now, not today."

"The sooner, the better for both of us -- and, the child."

"What?" Evan stood back up. "What about the child?"

"Oh, Rebecca hasn't told you? My name's Arina. I'm the witch she has a debt to settle with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mira Hendrix

PostSubject: Re: The Two Witches   Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Evan frowned, clearly confused. "I think...I think my wife and I need to talk this over."

"Oh, there's nothing to talk about, darling. We made a deal. It's bond by blood. There's changing this now. Besides, I'll just take what's mine without your help. It's quite easy. After all, I am a witch." Arina smirked, her eyes looking up from her eyelashes at that moment.

Then, вдруг, sin aviso, something else appeared -- a woman, clad in a dark green cloak with white blonde hair, and Evan's face dropped.

"I'm here for the child!" Vesa announced.

Arina spun around rather quickly. "You have the wrong room, witch. I made a deal with this woman's child for her firstborn."

Vesa's eyes tore aback. "Well, her father promised me her life."

Both witches slowly turned on the newborn child's parents. Evan was running a hand rapidly through his hair, one hand on the baby. Rebecca had burst into tears. "W-W-We never w-wanted chil-il-ildren anyways. And I ma-made the deal b-b-before I met you."

"What ever did you promise our child for?" Evan shrieked angrily.

"Well, whatever did you promise her for?!" Rebecca shouted back.

The two didn't look at each other, instead cast fiery glares against the walls.

"Listen, I'm sure you're both upset, but this doesn't fix my problem," Vesa said, glaring at Arina. "When was the child promised to you? On what date? We'll settle this now."

"The date matters not! And besides, the child is half this parent's and so half mine. Isn't a child really a mother's? Then the child belongs to me!"

Vesa's eyes flashed. "She belongs to me as much as she does to you!"

"If you both can't take her, then shall we?" Rebecca asked carefully.

"NO!" Both Vesa and Arina shouted at the same time.

"If anything, the child belongs to me and then the second born to you," Arina told Vesa.

"Why can't we just keep her? We'll pay you!" Rebecca cried, wiping away harsh tears.

Evan bit his lip. "You mean, you want to keep her?"

Rebecca glared at Evan and then looked back to the witches. "You can take back what you gave!"

"Now, listen here, you said yourself that we didn't want kids..."

"Evan!"

Vesa was rolling her eyes. "I don't want back what I gave." Arina looked oddly at her. Vesa shrugged. "Listen, we'll just take this to Wizard's Court, okay? Settle in a custody battle. Neither one of us knew that the child had imbeciles for parents!"

Arina looked a little upset. "Oh..."

"No, no! Please!" Rebecca was shrieking. She made a desperate plea towards her husband, leaning over to try and take the baby from him.

Vesa had walked over, oddly, frowning at Rebecca. "Quiet now. I'm sure it'll all be okay soon. Besides, you can have another child. Then you have one to spare. The debt must be settled." All the meantime, Arina had walked over towards a then frozen Evan (a spell quickly cast by herself) and picked up the baby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Two Witches   

Back to top Go down

The Two Witches
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1