Aniva Institute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aniva Institute

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miss Missing You

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
August Kach

August Kach

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 3:57 pm

August had waited what felt like hours for his dorm mate to leave. He seized the opportunity to shoo him out with a quick "I think they're giving out free donuts in the Main Hall" and the guy was off and running. Little did he know, he would be using food related bribes to get his roommate out of his dorm for years to come.

He pulled out his laptop, still smiling with satisfaction at his clever distraction for his roomie. He opened it up, quickly moving the cursor to the blue icon that belonged to Skype. Right after he logged in, a video message request popped up, and he clicked on it. This was a weekly routine.

"HelloOo!" His mother sang, giving him a big grin through the screen. "Gussy, how are you?"

He rolled his eyes at her lame nickname for him, but he couldn't help but smile. His mothers energy and happiness was infectious. If he was down, he would call her, and one word out of her mouth would lift him up. "Hey Mom!" He waved at her (or the monitor). "I'm doing fine, settling into the school."

"I wish I could visit you," she frowned, "I miss you lots." Pouting, she turned the camera to the window, where a rainy New York City stood. "The city misses you as well!"

"Tell the city I miss it too!" He teased, purposely not telling her he missed her more than anything.

His mother raised an eyebrow. "And what about me? Your adoring, loving mother!" She melodramatically sighed, putting the back of her hand to her forehead. "My son's rejection has killed my fragile, motherly heart!" She stuck her tongue out in mock death and flopped down onto the bed.

August found himself laughing at his childish mother, but also rolling his eyes. "You're being ridiculous! Of course I miss you," he exclaimed.

"When will you be home?" His mother sat up. "I can't wait an entire year to see my son, that's torture. Hell, I might be dead by then!"

"Mom, calm, I'm coming back for Christmas. We talked about this!"
Back to top Go down
Maria Mikhailovna

Maria Mikhailovna

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:43 pm

///OOC: Cuties. :3///
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:42 pm

The banter and jokes continued for hours, and before August knew it, it was midnight at Aniva, midday back at home. "Just hang up! You need to rest, I don't want you skipping classes to catch up on sleep or napping through another class. You promised me your habits would change!" His mother nagged, making August grin and shake his head. He loved her enough to listen.

"Okay then, I guess I'll be g-" August was cut off by the sound of the front door opening and a deep male voice saying, "I'm here, honey! What do we want for lunch?" August froze, his heart jumped to his throat as he looked at his mom with eyes of pure betrayal and innocence. She had seen that look once, years ago, and it broke her heart. She didn't want him to find out this way.

She opened her mouth, about to explain and plea for forgiveness, but then the voice entered the room, a face coming attached with it. He wasn't extraordinary, he didn't have stunning features or a bright smile. His face was full of unshaven scruff, something Dad could never grow. The only thing August noticed about him was his eyes, they looked kind and old. He wanted to pin the man as a villain, his heart longed for that satisfaction, but he couldn't when the man possessed such kind eyes.

A silence fell over the call, August was too shocked to speak, his mother; too afraid, and the man was simply confused. The pause in conversation felt like an eternity, no one moved, as if they could be frozen in that one moment, the calm before the storm. But, eventually, the storm always hits.
Back to top Go down
Lisette Lach-Leon

Lisette Lach-Leon

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:03 pm

///OOC: I LITERALLY KEPT A TAB OPEN ON MY PHONE FOR DAYS TO CONTINUOSLY CHECK AND WAIT FOR YOU TO POST ON THIS AND NOW THAT YOU HAVE CAN I TURN BACK TIME BECAUSE A U G U S T///
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:42 pm

August was the first to speak, his words fueled by betrayal and hurt. "Why?" He croaked, looking at his mother through the screen. "Why did you lie? You promised me! You promised me for him!" His voice began to slowly raise louder, tears forming in his eyes. "I thought you still loved him," he shook in head in pure disbelief.

His mother refused to meet his eyes, the overwhelming shame she felt was too much. "I'm...so sorry," she sniffled, taking a deep breath in and gathering the courage to look him in the eyes. "It's been ten years since he left us August, I have to move on at some point." She tried to reason with him.

Taking a shaky breath in, he let out another sob. "You're letting his memory go, he loved you. He loved us all, and you knew that! You told me you'd always love him, and you promised you would always remember!"

"I still love him, I'll always love your father. But I deserve to move on, I deserve to be happy August! And so do you!" She argued, and the kind-eyed man stayed frozen. "Josh cares about me, and he's actually here." Tears were beginning to form in her eyes as well.

August wiped the tears off his cheeks, that ache in his chest still remaining. "You lied," he stated as he ended the Skype call, lying about something like that was unforgivable.

Last edited by August Kach on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:45 pm

(((OOC: YOU ABSOLUTE BABE I LUV U I love you )))
Back to top Go down
Lisette Lach-Leon

Lisette Lach-Leon

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:47 pm

///OOC: Don't you babe me, you lil pistachio. I'm sad.

Also, his mother and him seem like a very happy family. You won't be needed Josh, you're dismissed Very Happy ///
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 11:46 pm

August could barely remember his own father, and that broke his heart. There was only one simple trait of his father that he could recall, his smell. The smell of dusty, aging books (his mother claimed the smell was permanent because of all the time he spend reading in their old library in Russia), mixed with the smell of chamomile tea, which his father absolutely adored to drink. Every time he would pour himself a cup or pick up one of his old book, he would smile in slight remembrance of his late father.

But, what broke his heart even more was the last, and one of the only, memories he had of his parent.

"Is Daddy home yet?" A small, raven haired boy of age four sat on his mothers hip as he asked the question he had been repeating too often, as of the last few months. His mother shook her head, unlocking the door with one hand while supporting August's back with the other.

"I don't know baby, I think he has lots of work to do," she answered with a sigh. Even as a child, August noticed a decline in his mothers happiness and memory. It was the small things that he caught and would tell his grandmother. Such as, "Mommy forgot to read me my bedtime story last night" or "Mommy picked me up at school two hours late today".

His father's presence was also declining, he would go days without coming home. August couldn't understand why his daddy was never home, and whenever he asked his mother that question, a sadness swept over her and her shoulders would sag. August eventually began to stop asking, the occurrence of the question going from once a day to once a week.

The two walked in through the door, entering the kitchen to get August a "smackie". His preschool teachers had tried to teach him how to properly "snack", but to no avail. His mother placed August on a chair, and told him to stay there while she went upstairs to put her bag in her room. He heard the creak of her footsteps on the wood of the stairs, and every step she took towards her room.

The rhythm of her footsteps had paused, and the silence was followed by a horrific scream. He jumped out of his chair, hearing his mothers footsteps speed up to a sprint as she dashed down the stairs. She snatched August off the ground, clutching him close to her chest, tears streaming down her face. "I have to get out of here," she repeated over and over.

Once they made it out the door, she collapsed onto the lawn, embracing August and sobbing. "Oh god, he promised! He told me everything was fine!" She wailed, looking up at the sky. "Why couldn't have he just TOLD me?"
Back to top Go down
August Kach

August Kach

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Eric Godunov was pronounced dead by the paramedics minutes later, and the cause of death was determined as a suicide. August would go years without knowing this information, his mother did not want August to remember his father as hopeless and desperate.

The desperation her husband felt had to be so great that he would want to do harm to himself. Whenever she thought of him, she tried to imagine the pain he felt, the sheer amount that could've caused him to tip over that edge. Mariya would've gladly thrown herself after him, if it hadn't been for August.

Oh August, the little boy was her only source of life for years. She would come home from her job as a waitress, exhausted from complaining customers, and a misogynistic boss, who treated her with everything but respect. Her broken English made it hard for her to communicate with both, people would laugh at her, her boss would tease her. But, seeing her boy, reaching out for her, giggling and nuzzling her neck, she knew it was all worth it.

She didn't want him to remember that day every time his father was mentioned. So she told her baby tales of Eric, a man of language and words, who smelt of old books and chamomile tea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miss Missing You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Missing You   Miss Missing You Empty

Back to top Go down

Miss Missing You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aniva Institute :: Institute & Grounds :: Dormitory Housing :: Istina-
Jump to: